– From London, England. Unique airdate: 2/21/09
Enjoyable Truth: Whereas the States received this present for FREE on Spike TV, the folks throughout the pond in Jollie Olde Englande needed to foot the invoice for the PPV prices.
– Welterweight bout: Paulo Thiago d. Josh Koscheck through KO (uppercut) at 3:29 of spherical 1. I Really feel unhealthy for Koz due to the crappy stoppage and the gang did not take lengthy to begin booing that one both. The ref wasn’t unsuitable to cease the combat per se, however Josh wasn’t out, and landed in straight guard place, though admittedly these have been superior photographs, however Koscheck wasn’t gonna die from an additional punch or two if he was out. They’re supposed to guard the fighters not be their mommy.
– Middleweight bout: Demian Maia d. Chael Sonnen through submission (triangle choke) at 2:37 of spherical 1. Although, the end result was predictable with Sonnen solely being the previous BodogFIGHT standout and Maia being a BJJ superman, Maia remains to be one spectacular mofo and I stay up for seeing extra of him.
– Middleweight bout: Nate Marquardt d. Wilson Gouveia through TKO (knee and punches) at 3:10 of spherical 3. They really had the balls to cost cash for this card? Significantly? Although saying that, Marquardt did get an superior KO with the flying knee. FUCK that was nice. Gouvier was bleeding profusely after that and that was an excellent high quality win by Nate there.
– Welterweight bout: Dan Hardy d. Rory Markham through KO (punch) at 1:09 of spherical 1. Rory Markham is a former Quad Metropolis Silverback, a Miletich Combating Methods protege, and possibly the very best IFL man that the UFC was capable of choose up when the group folded. Anyhow, though, there was loads of alternative for ‘KO Of The Night time’, I Personally would’ve gone with Hardy’s punch to Markham’s jaw. That was CLEAN. And do Brits EVER lose any of the fights in England?! I am not saying there’s something shady about it, however… yeah, truly that is precisely what I am saying.
– Light-weight bout: Diego Sanchez d. Joe Stevenson through unanimous determination (30-27, 30-27, 29-28). Spherical three noticed Diego being cautious to keep away from making a mistake, however DAMN the primary two rounds have been enjoyable. A lot love for Stevenson, man would not give up and stored me worrying till the tip of the combat he would possibly throw the massive finisher punch.
Enjoyable Truth: This was Sanchez’s first outing at 155.
– Last Ideas: Strong present, however there wasn’t a lot identify worth in any respect on this occasion. The one combat I actually received into was the principle occasion. Oh, and the ring ladies have been hawt. I Marvel if any of them went nude like Rachelle…
#UFC #Sanchez #Stevenson #Assessment